courtesy of 3poppies photography

Saturday 9 June 2012

Healing through the Atonement

I've been a tad neglectful of my blog lately. There's plenty I could have written, but nothing seemed right. This past month has been a time of reflection and relearning. As I handed my trials over to the Lord I was advised to study the Saviour and in particular his Atonement. By doing this I have learned, and am still very much learning, the role that the Atonement plays in helping me through the illnesses of myself and my baby.

Alma 7:11 And he shall go forth, suffering pains and afflictions and temptations of every kind; and this that the word might be fulfilled which saith he will take upon him the pains and the sicknesses of his people.
12 And he will take upon him death, that he may loose the bands of death which bind his people; and he will take upon him their infirmities, that his bowels may be filled with mercy, according to the flesh, that he may know according to the flesh how to succor his people according to their infirmities.

Christ knows exactly what my baby is going through and what I am going through because He has experienced it through the Atonement. He bore my pains and sicknesses. Throughout this period I have felt guided and I know that where we are lacking in medical help we are getting heavenly help. It's up to me now to follow that guidance. I do all I can for my baby, and I know that The Lord is doing the rest to heal him. I need to heed the promptings and get myself better. Diet plays a big part and I've been prompted more and more to eat healthier, not just for me but for my family. I've been ignoring the promptings, but the more I study the gospel the stronger the promptings are becoming.
It's been relieving to hand my worries over and I believe if I follow the promptings that I receive we will return to health. As it says in Matthew 21:22 And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing, ye shall receive.

1 comment: