courtesy of 3poppies photography

Saturday 18 August 2012

Waiting for the good things

Last week I had my usual peruse on facebook and saw all the photos and status' of people going on holiday, watching the Olympics, having nights out. Not long after I found thoughts creeping in, slowly and subtly making me feel hard done by, trapped by my body and baby, and generally dissatisfied with life. I longed for a hot holiday, time to go out with my friends and husband without any kids, the ability to go on walks in the countryside... A bigger house on a quiet estate, a private chef, a cleaner. I think we all can empathise with the 'grass is greener' feeling.
I'd been doing so well with coping with it all, that I wondered why I couldn't shake off these thoughts now. And then I saw a book that a good friend had dropped off previously, which I hadn't had chance to read. It's titled 'When your prayers seem unanswered' by S. Michael Wilcox. Whilst the boys napped for a couple of hours I read the whole book, it's not too long, and it put everything back in perspective. The author explains that the Lord comes in His time, He can see when we are ready. I definitely recommend the book. Through reading it I remembered that this life isn't all there is. Essentially, it's a test. We're here to learn and grow and become the people that we need to be to live HAPPILY and with JOY and PEACE where we will live with our loved ones FOREVER. A moments hardship for an eternity of happiness. Granted, it doesn't feel like a moment, but I need to remember it is. We need to endure and endure well and learn the lessons we've been asked to learn. It's possible to do this only if we really do believe that good things will come. And they will, an eternity of good things. Good things also happen in this life, help will come, hard times will pass. We will have become better people for having been through them ... If we choose to be.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you are feeling down right now, but it's good you found just the right bit of inspiration when you needed it!

    BTW, all this time and I had no idea that you wrote a blog, too! Glad I found it.

    Sue

    Live with CFS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi cathy, it does sound like I'm down, but I'm not, just every now and then I get negative, but it's down to sleep deprivation :) I thought I'd write my blog to remind myself how I overcome things :)
      I love your blogs, you're a good writer!

      Delete