courtesy of 3poppies photography

Saturday 4 August 2012

Remaining happy

After learning all I've learned over this past year I wondered why being happy still required effort. My little guy has had a few bad nights the last few weeks and these past few days have seen him be his grumpiest yet, just as we've trialled rice with him. It's easy to be happy when things are running smoothly but We are told that knowing what we know we should be a happy, joyful people in the midst of trials. .
So, I went back to the scriptures, back to the conference talks and prayed for guidance as I tried to find the answers of how to be truly happy, not dependant on circumstances.
I don't want you to think I'm really struggling. For the majority of the day I'm happy and smiling, but I still get easily upset when my son reacts to foods, or if my body makes life even more difficult that day. I shouldn't though, if I understand and apply the gospel properly.
The first lesson I learned was to be more GRATEFUL. It's surprising how much you realise your blessed with when you take note of everything you've been grateful for that day. This is a practise I highly recommend, if you want proof you're not doing this alone.
Secondly, ultimately the Lord knows best. He knows what will get you back to Him, so trust Him. When prayers are seemingly unanswered, believe there is a better reason for why.




No comments:

Post a Comment