courtesy of 3poppies photography

Wednesday 22 February 2012

Desperate times call for desperate measures

After the last attempt at doing a restrictive diet I said that it would take a lot for me to be able to succeed at limiting my diet. I was sure I wasn't going to attempt it again, it was too much hard work. I needed comfort food to help me cope with life.
Well, times have got desperate and it appears that a diet free from dairy, soya and gluten is the only option to improve my deteriorating health and a last ditch attempt to help my baby before they dose him up on all sorts of medicines as just going dairy free hasn't shown significant improvements. In my book, that's motivation enough to try it again.

The key this time is that I'm going to be organised. Before I begin I will not only have meal plans for at least two weeks (aiming for a month) but I will plan what snacks I can have and what breakfast and lunch options there are. Preparation is essential for success!

I'll make sure to post my menu's, and foods that I can eat, so that others who are attempting something similar can refer to it.

5 comments:

  1. We're rooting for you Jenny! You can do it - and we'll help in any way we can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Eleanor, that means a lot! Here's to, hopefully, better health!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jenny ,

    You are going to hate this suggestion because it means an even more restrictive diet but I had a lot of reflux (pretty much constant) at the beginning with M.E. and did the Royal Prince Alfred Elimination diet (the strict version) and found that I am (newly) intolerant to Salicylates. Which is incredibly limiting but does apparently make shopping for food easy...there is so few ingredients. There is a 'friendly food' cookbook that is worth getting if you do try it, otherwise it gets very boring.

    I now don't get any reflux.

    Also cutting out gluten, lactose and sulphates seemed to help a little overall.

    Desperate times call for desperate measures.

    Good luck with whatever you do.

    Cheers Sarah.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Sarah! Yeah, that diet doesn't thrill me at all, but as you said - desperate times! I'll give this less restrictive diet a go, and then work towards the more restrictive one if there aren't enough improvements. Eek! Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete