courtesy of 3poppies photography

Saturday 4 February 2012

Dairy free update

My name is Jenny and I've been dairy free for 5 days.

It's actually going really well. I haven't found it difficult and the motivation that it might actually help my baby is spurring me on. So far we've noticed that the bloating in his stomach has lessened, he's pooed more, and has slept for longer periods at night. All very positive. On the downside, he has become even more clingy and irritable, harder to get to sleep amongst other symptoms (all the usual arching, coughing, wheezing, face rubbing etc). The hard part is trying to figure out what on earth is causing him to be worse in some things. Is it a reaction to the new food I'm weaning him on? Is it teething? I'm flummoxed!
The plan now is to go back to the 'safe' foods I know he can tolerate. So far this is plain 4 grain cereal and butternut squash. Someone gave me a traffic light system to introducing new foods, so I'll now follow this:

GREEN - Courgette, melon, parsnip, pear, pumpkin, squash, swede.
AMBER - Avocado, blueberry, broccoli, banana, carrot, cabbage, cauliflower, leek, mango, peach, pepper, spinach, sweet potato.
RED - apple, Blackberry, citrus fruits, onion, pineapple, raspberry, strawberry.

A good idea, in my opinion, is that every baby born should come with a detailed manual. It would come in very handy!

1 comment:

  1. Really glad this seems to be working - praying things will continue to improve!

    ReplyDelete