courtesy of 3poppies photography

Monday 3 December 2012

Slowing down for Christmas

Website, blogs, school runs, Christmas preparations, trying new recipes, poorly kids, poorly parents ... It's getting a little bit much and boy, am I feeling it! I stumbled across this quote the other day and it was just what i needed:
“The average woman today, I believe, would do well to appraise her interests, evaluate the activities in which she is engaged, and then take steps to simplify her life, putting things of first importance first, placing emphasis where the rewards will be greatest and most enduring, and ridding herself of the less rewarding activities.” Belle S. Spafford

I think we can all, healthy and sick alike, do with simplifying our lives a bit, especially around Christmas time. There's no need for hustle and bustle, we'll enjoy it much more if we step back and allow ourselves to soak in what's happening, rather than whizzing around getting this and that done and missing the joy and peace that abound when we think of the real reasons we are celebrating



Check out my website: www.mecuperate.co.uk

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you are so very right...but it is so very hard to do! I know I am trying to stuff too much into my life, but there are so many things I want to do! Since I am so goal-oriented, I have tried adding goals for relaxing! Seriously, how bad is that? ha ha But it does help me. In fact, tomorrow I am taking a day off, a "mental health day," as a friend likes to call it - no work, no obligations, no "have tos", just things I WANT to do.

    Thanks for the much-needed reminder!

    Sue

    Live with CFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sue - 'mental health day'! I could definitely do with one of those (I think my husband will agree!)
    I also really love the idea of setting goals for relaxing, think that's very important, especially if you've got ME. Once we've got some energy it's hard to not go go go, isn't it!

    ReplyDelete