courtesy of 3poppies photography

Wednesday 23 November 2011

Christmas countdown

I start counting down to Christmas after my birthday in October. I begin by making lists of everything I need to do and buy and who to get presents for, then I make my way through the lists. This year time seems to be going quickly and with all the illness my mind just hasn't been on Christmas at all. Having M.E there is no option to go last minute Christmas shopping as its all done on the Internet. Saying that though, I attempted a trip to Tesco last Saturday and made a promise to myself I would never do that again! It was survival of the fittest, every man for himself. Needless to say I barely came out alive. Luckily I was with my mum, so I left the goods with her, and sought peace, rest and sanity in the car while she finished up. Finding peace, rest and sanity in the presence of two young kids tells you what it was like in Tesco!

I think I've come to terms with the fact that my baby is probably going to be ill for the duration of the season, so instead of fighting against it I'm going to try to adapt and work around it, which will mean doing everything with a baby in one arm. I made my first list this week to prepare for Christmas. A list for who I need to BUY presents for. Today, I bought my first presents! I had a toddler in one arm, baby in the other and I somehow managed to navigate my way around Tesco's website and thanks to club card vouchers I got all the presents for free. Great feeling. Let the Christmas countdown begin ... Just not too quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment